Inuyasha's Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This world has everything of Inuyasha and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Chatroom
Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 11:38 pm by Vesper

» The crows all bring them shiny things (Ranmaru.)
Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:43 am by Val

» Mizuki Tsukimiya
Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon May 12, 2014 4:21 am by Mizuki Tsukimiya

» Theme Songs
Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 8:55 pm by Kira

» Castle Entrance
Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:49 am by Kira

» Traveling the East (Kira)
Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 12:27 am by Kira

» Kira
Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:58 pm by Kira

» Kitchen
Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:54 pm by Hiten

» Bathroom
Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:50 pm by Hiten

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 23 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Val

Val

Character sheet
Shards: 0
Money: $100

Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) Empty
PostSubject: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 9:13 pm

She was tired and hungry; and it was absolutely the most terrible time to get lost.

Veyl grunted as the hare she had been tracking ran off, alerted by her clumsy approach. She had been walking for hours; the day was late and her aim was off, and she saw no fruits or herbs that she could collect, to satisfy her hunger. Her pack was empty less from the clothes and some coin, but then Veyl never did carry much food with her. Last rations she had had been spent one, perhaps two days prior? It seemed absurd that earth had nothing to offer and the only wildlife Valeriya had seen so far was the hare.

She leaned heavily on her staff, eyes narrowed into slits and lips pulled into a tight line. If only she knew whether there was a village ahead, she would not need waste time tracking the hare again. And worse, night was falling; Veyl had no desire to be caught out in the open once demons began their midnight hunt.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 9:20 pm

"A demon!!!"
A distant male voice echoed, then followed by a bitter female tone.
"Yes yes I have heard it countless times before, now silence yourself so that I may pass through!"
The female threw the small male aside, ignoring his cries for help. Filthy humans. Kagami needed to find a place to stay for the night, it was getting late and she grew hungrier by the hour. A small hare hoped into her view, ah lovely. With a swift motion of her naginata the rodent fell to the ground and she picked it up by its back feet.
"This will do nicely."
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Veyl froze up at the noise; it took a moment for her to will her body to move and she took cover behind a tree, for lack of better idea. Listening anxiously, she focused her attention on voices and stray sounds. There was a second voice, clearly a woman's, and the whistle of a weapon slicing through the air. Veyl allowed herself a peek and grimaced as she saw the hare, her hare, upside-down and very dead; and someone else's dinner.

"Lovely," Veyl could not help a pang of annoyance as she stared at the young woman that had caught the hare. But, she'd have to search for something else; clearly she had no other choice.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 9:37 pm

There was no hiding from demon ears, especially a wolf demon's ears. As Kagami inspected her kill, dissecting it with her eyes, she pointed her weapon to her side. Toward the forest.
"You should not speak to yourself, it is a horrid habit."
A habit that at times she was guilty of herself, but the strange person did not need to know that. For now she only waved her naginata, beckoning to have the stranger come out.
"If you do not come out I will come in there after you."
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Veyl squinted towards the other, taking a couple of seconds to calculate her chances. Deciding she might as well approach and, if possible, charm her way to some of that hare, she abandoned the imaginary safe-spot the tree had to offer. "I've no doubt of that," Veyl spoke in a smooth, low voice, such that would probably suit a boy more than it would a woman. She eyed the hare, then cast her eyes over the demon.

She was no ordinary human; and Veyl would be able to tell that much even without her spiritual awareness, as she stared at the woman's very non-human, but wolf-like ears. Valeriya tried a smile on her lips, trying not to appear too obvious as she searched for signs of a tail to go with the ears.

"Are you going to eat that?" she nodded towards the hare.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:15 pm

The stranger approached, a red hair young man by appearance. Asking about the hare, must have been tracking it before she got to it.
"Yes, I would not have killed it or be examining how much meat it has on it if I was not. Now, am I to assume you wish to take part as well, if you are then you must give me a valid reason. For I have starved as much as the person behind me, and this hare is the only thing I have killed in days."
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:27 pm

"Uhm," Veyl swallowed dryly, contemplating her reply. Fact that she was hungry seemed valid reason enough to her, but she wondered if the woman had the patience for such a simple claim. "Ma'am," she tried instead. "Two days have past since I have last eaten and I am all but famished. I would be most honoured if you let me join you for dinner." Very carefully, Veyl shifted her upper body into a small bow. "Please," she added awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:33 pm

Kagami laughed. This little creature amused her greatly. With a shake of her head and a final chortle she looked to the mortal.
"That was pathetic, but never the less you may join me. I am not so heartless to deny another starving soul after all."
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:44 pm

"I try," Veyl gave a one-shouldered shrug and straightened up to offer a sheepish smile. "Much obliged."

It was not ideal; Veyl usually avoided eating what she had to cook first, but it was food. "And how rude of me, I have yet to introduce myself. Please call me Veyl, kind lady."
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:51 pm

"Alright Veyl, I am Kagami. Now, we have to make a fire to make this animal."
She flung the hare's body over her shoulder, carrying it as she began to look around for fire wood.
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:59 pm

Fire. Well, yes, of course. Veyl did not take pause to reconsider and instead set out to collect twigs. She stacked up what she could carry and set them down into a neat pile, then stepped away to let Kagami light them up. "Kagami is a nice name," she noted while waiting.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:01 pm

"Thank you, I take quite a liking to it myself. I fail to see how someone could hate their own name, as it is part of who they are."
Kagami dropped the many stick she has gathered and began the process of trying to light the tree flesh. At last it caught and she began the task of skinning and gutting the animal.
"This hare is surprisingly large..."
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 4:23 am

Sitting cross-legged and a good distance from the fire, Veyl played with a strand of grass, twirling it between her fingers. "It is," she agreed promptly. "Not just the name, but everything given helps form one being; just as that being gives and helps form others."

The warm breath of fire tickled Veyl's bare arms and face, as it carried with the summer wind. "Is there any water?" she asked, standing to move further away, but pausing before she did so. "There wasn't any the path I came from, but perhaps you've seen some on the way here?"
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 am

Soon the rabbit lie bare over the fire, without coat, with out head even. Kagami glanced up to Veyl as she stood, asking about water. She motioned over her shoulder with her thumb, to the tree where she had just came from.
"There was a stream a small ways back that way."
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:33 pm

"Thanks," Veyl dug through her pack in search of her waterskin, then made way in the direction Kagami had indicated. She needed not walk long; indeed there was a stream ahead and Veyl took the liberty of washing her hands and face, marvelling at the cool, clear water. She drank some, then filled her waterskin up; and quietly observed the sky a moment before turning back. It had darkened considerably in the past quarter of the hour. The trees around Veyl only cast shades, some positioned so thickly that it was nearly impossible to see far ahead.

Veyl stood and wiped some of the dirt from the knees of her pants. The scent of meat carried downwind. It was high time she got back.

Then a demon presence, someone other than Kagami, cut through her awareness like a knife; and Veyl spun to find herself facing a yellow-skinned demon, its eyes cruel in the darkness and teeth sharp against the large mouth. Horror-struck, Veyl stared at its lion-like head and misshapen body. Just like before, she recognized too late that there was a demon nearby, her spiritual awareness lacking due to her famished state and fatigue. As the demon moved into attack position Veyl also realized, with a sinking feeling at the pit of her stomach, that she had left her staff with her pack, back where Kagami was.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Veyl left swiftly after Kagami had spoken. While she tended to the meat Kagami began thinking to herself, what would she do? Work was scarce for anyone at times, it did not help the fact that she was a woman. Sexist pigs the lot in the empire. Something was wrong, Veyl was taking far too long. Kagami stood, her weapon and Veyl's in hand and Kagami followed the human's scent.
The demon was poised to attack, but not with Kagami around. Her weapon flew into the demon's shoulder, making it scream in an unearthly way. Kagami thrust Veyl's weapon into her hands, and rushed forward to rip her weapon out of the demon's flesh.
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Veyl flinched at the scream, stepping backwards and nearly falling over; and composing only so much to move out of the way when the demon's great paws struck the ground before her. Something was stuck deep in the monster's shoulder. A moment later, Veyl caught sight of Kagami and barely reacted in time to get a good grip on her own weapon, before Kagami went off charging again.

Veyl moved quickly after that. The grass tickled her bare feet as she called upon the earth spirits, drawing up energy through her body and directing it through the staff. She was preparing a barrier, muttering softly under her breath as she attempted to trap the demon.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:26 pm

as the blade was ripped forcefully from the demon's shoulder, it screamed once more, baring it's fangs toward Kagami.
"Come on!"
She mocked and leaped back as it struck the ground in front of her. It back paws kicked and sent her back, tumbling over herself as she skidded back. With a smirk, and wild look in her eyes, she wiped the blood and dirt from her shoulder. This would prove interesting. In a surge of demonic energy what once was a young woman now was the true form of this wolf demon. Pearly fangs dug deep into the monster's neck as she leaped onto it's back, claws tearing at it's flesh.
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:31 pm

The barrier began forming, slowly, around the lion-demon's feet. Kagami was wolfed out, wild and violent as she tore savagely at the other demon. Veyl tried not to ponder on it as she directed more energy towards the barrier. As it rose to the demon's torso, she called out to Kagami to stand back.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Veyl was lifting some sort of barrier to surround the demon. At her word Kagami leaped away from the demon, out of the barrier's range. Shifting back she held her injured shoulder, not cradling it in pain, more like enjoying the feel of her own blood. Kagami was odd to say the very least.
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Tiny drops of sweat formed on Veyl's forehead as she fought to finish the barrier. It closed up at the top, forming a bubble around the demon; and in turn the demon slammed against the surface. Veyl could almost see the anger growing in its eyes.

With her free hand Veyl tugged at the rosary around her neck, pulling the beads over her head. She lowered her staff and walked closer to the demon contained within the barrier; she lifted the beads higher, a purification spell on her lips-

And then the barrier broke.

Thrown back by the force of impact, Veyl landed hard on her back and dropped both the beads and her staff. The beast jumped after her, pinning her against the ground as she scrambled to reach for something- anything. She threw a punch and kicked with her legs; and earned bloody cuts and spit over her face in turn. Charming.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:58 pm

The barrier shattered. Kagami sprung forward and took her naginata in her hand. The blade sliced through the demon's forearm, it bucking and letting go of Veyl. Kagami pushed Veyl out of the way, and shifted once again to bite at the demon's throat. Blood gushed from the sensitive, and vital part of it's body. The lion fell, blood pooling on the ground from it's fatal wound. Her giant tongue grazed over her teeth to taste the blood before changing back to her human self.
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Thanks to Kagami, Veyl could roll away and grab at her rosary; but she wobbled when she tried to stand and by the time she would have been able to cast again, it was already over. The demon lay dead and Kagami was bathed in blood; and all Veyl could do was stare wide-eyed at both, eyes shifting from one to the other.

"Looks like you saved me twice today," Veyl let out a breath she had not realized she was holding. Finally she managed to settle her gaze on just Kagami. "Are you hurt?"
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:24 pm

It was over, Kagami catching her breath as she smirked. As Veyl spoke her head turned to her, and she shook her head as she pointed to her shoulder.
"Nice thing about us demons, we heal quick. By morning it'll be gone."
She said and walked over to remove her weapon, cleaning the blade with the end of her sleeve and throwing it onto her shoulders.
"We should get back, the hare is probably starting to be overdone."
As if nothing had happened she walked back through the bushes.
Back to top Go down
Val

Val

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Of course, she'd forgotten. If it were a bad wound, perhaps it would pose a problem; but Veyl doubted she would have been able to heal one of those anyway. Kagami did not look too badly damaged and most of the blood on her was probably the dead demon's anyway.

Veyl would be lying if she said she wasn't just a little freaked out; and most times after fighting a demon she was, regardless of whether she was well-rested and could deal with them easily or tired and ineffective as tonight. Kagami, however, did not look in the least bothered by the event.

Placing the rosary back around her neck, Veyl picked up her staff and hurried after the other girl. Her stomach felt painful, as if it had begun eating itself from the lack of food. Veyl patted it sourly and cast an eye over her own cuts; they were not too bad, less from one on her collar bone, but most she could heal. The only thing that'd be left on her body were bruises.

The hare was slightly burnt, but it would be no point crying about it. Veyl let Kagami remove it from the fire, and nibbled quietly at the piece she was given while absently picking at the cuts on her right arm. As food finally settled in her belly, some little strength came back to her; and Veyl could try and patch up her collar bone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)   Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark and full of terrors (Kagami.)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next